Tuesday 31 July 2012

RUNNING!!!

This week has been by far the most exciting in the recovery of my foot. I am finally back running again after 10 weeks out of action. I am taking it extremely slowing though, and am doing a run/walk routine on a hockey field to help develop the connections I need to run fast when I can get back into full run training. The Astroturf on the hockey field is soft and even, ensuring I don't put any extra stress on the foot. I get some very strange looks from the hockey players though, running along beside them. Check out the video of my very first run back. Almost forgot how to do it! 


I am now back into complete bike training as well and have been climbing to new heights, literally. In the past 4 weeks I have now completed over 20 Mount Gravatt hill climbs, Mt Coot-tha climbs and even scaled Mt Mee. I have also done a number of speed work sessions and am riding faster than ever before!

I am really looking forward to the Australian Junior Fitness and Medical Examination Camp this weekend. It will be the final selection opportunity for the Australian junior team and will be the perfect chance for me to show off the hard work I have put into my swim and bike. 

That's it for now, stay tuned for updates on my running progress. 

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment