Wednesday 12 September 2012

Australian Junior Team

I received some very exciting news this morning whilst in the middle of my 20km bike time trial. I had been selected in the Australian junior team to compete at the triathlon World Champs in Auckland in October.

However, I still need to complete a fitness assessment by the end of September in order to prove my run fitness after my injury. This shouldn't be a problem at all and I will be off to Auckland before I know it.

Speaking of my injury... the foot is coming along very nicely and I am even back into some speed sessions now. My running technique is smooth and connected and will help me to produce runs that are faster than ever before, I can't wait!!

With 6 weeks left until Auckland, I am in high intensity training at the moment and loving every second of it. My hill climbing sessions on the bike are going really well and I am stripping minutes of my 20km time trials. I am very fit and ready for a good, fast race at worlds.

Until then, keep up to date with my preparations for Auckland here, on my website www.elliesalthouse.com.au, or on my Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ellie-Salthouse/387421924634161.

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment