Friday 19 April 2013

Chengdu Premium Asian Cup

Last week I headed across to China with a group of four Aussie athletes to compete in the Chengdu Premium Asian Cup. I am not the biggest fan of long-haul flights, so having an unexpected night in Hong Kong was a welcome surprise after we missed our final connection. Getting upgraded to a premier suite for the night was definitely a highlight, with a view to die for from my room.


Race day began with a 12km ride to the venue. The venue is a specifically designed triathlon course, which meant the roads and set-up were world class. Despite the 30+ degrees outside temperature, the race was still a wetsuit swim, giving us good motivation to get the wetsuit off quickly into T1. I was also excited to show off my brand new race kit, thanks to Vorgee and Cannibal Insport. I'm sure it was hard to miss!


Unfortunately, I had an average swim/bike day and was left disappointed and unsatisfied. My run, however, was a huge improvement on this season's performances, proving that it is moving in the right direction. I came away with 6th place overall and the first of the Aussies.

Whilst in Chengdu, I was lucky enough to visit the Panda Research Base. I had never seen pandas before so it was an incredible (not to mention super cute!!) experience and one I would definitely recommend.





I am really looking forward to riding to Noosa next week to kickstart our club training camp. I will keep you posted on the camps' progress here so make sure you stay tuned!

Ellie xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the suit Ellie! No hiding amongst the throng of green and gold for you. 6th is nothing to be sneezed at and you had a good run too which is great news. :-)

    ReplyDelete