Monday 12 November 2012

A week in the life...


This week has been a relaxing, yet productive one. Since Noosa, I have taken a small break from training to relax and refresh myself in preparation for next season. Being an athlete, not having anything to fill in my time can make me a very annoying person to be around, so I have had to find ways in which to fill in my days and stay occupied.

It has been great to catch up with my friends and spend some time with them this past week. It seems that the uni schedule is completely opposite to that of an athlete; so spending time with them becomes quite difficult when I am in full training.  I have even had the chance to put my brain to use and help them study for their uni exams. Not sure I was too much help though.

I have also signed a contract with French team Tri St Amand Dun 18 again, to compete on the French Grand Prix circuit again next year. I love racing for this team and am really looking forward to joining them again next year. We will compete in 5 sprint distances races across France, gaining points for ourselves as individuals as well as the team. I will head across to Europe in early June and base myself in Spain for the European summer, coming back to Australia at the end of September. Looking over my race schedule for next year has me jumping out of my skin with excitement! It is jam-packed and has me globe trotting more than ever before.

On Saturday I was able to test ride the Specialized Shiv time trial bike at the Specialized Test the Best Demo Day. It was a great opportunity to chat to the Specialized team and have a ride on some of the world’s best bikes. Now that I know what all the fuss is about, I will definitely be hitting up Bicycle Riders Morningside to organize a Shiv for next year’s Noosa triathlon!



I am really looking forward to getting back into some solid training this week in preparation for next season and cannot wait to see what I am capable of. The upcoming season is looking like the most exciting yet and I am looking forward to putting some great results on the board.

Stay tuned.

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment