Monday 26 November 2012

Diet of Champions


With Christmas just around the corner, I thought this would be an ideal time to let you in on my diet and nutrition plan to help me get in shape for the 2013 triathlon season.  Lauren from EatSmart Nutrition has been amazing for the past 6 months at keeping me race ready and, after a small break from training, is helping me get straight back into the swing of things.

With a huge amount of trial and error, Lauren and I have worked hard to find the right diet for me. So, here is a typical daily food log…

4.45am – Pre training:

  • 175g low fat yoghurt

9.30am – Post training:

  •  ½ cup ‘Protein First' breakfast cereal
  • 175g low fat yoghurt
  • Coffee on soy milk

1pm – Lunch:

  • Salad with 50g meat/chicken/fish

3pm – Afternoon tea:

  • Piece of fruit

6.30pm – Dinner:

  • Steamed veggies or salad
  • 150g chicken/meat/fish
So, have you got your Christmas diet sorted? If not, pop in to see Lauren and let her help you get race ready for the 2013 tri season!! Happy eating.

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment